Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hello from Ohio Cow Country!

Hi all! I am Rebecca (MamaReebs). I am from a small town in Ohio where I live with my husband and 8 yr old daughter. I was a sahm until my daughter started 1st grade and then I joined the family business.

What got you into papercrafting?
My introduction to stamping was through my Aunt. She held a SU party and I was hooked. My mother is a painter and I have always envied her ability to see something and draw it. Stamping gives me a creative outlet even though I don't posses her skills.

What is your favorite technique in papercrafting?
I would say I have favorite elements rather than techniques. I think the key to good card making is dimension and I love sparkle of any kind! I tend to grab for the punches when I am creating and I use lots of pop dots:)

What do you hope to gain from joining the PALs?
I joined the group to challenge myself to do more stamping. Since I started working outside of the house I have not spent my free time doing what I love.

I am very excited to get to know everyone here and get our stampin' on! ~ MamaReebs

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca! Where in Ohio are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the sparkle!!!! Good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems a lot of us have cows in common (hee hee). I love sparkle too Rebecca, hardly ever make a card without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had cows in common!!! I have horns and tall buildings .... Nice to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Rebecca~ I also envy painters but in our own artistic way we are just as creative! It's nice getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca - I spent junior high and high school in Cincinnati, and my parents and one sister (and her family) still live there. I love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebecca! Nice to meet you. I too am envious of painters and other artists. I think that is why I enjoy stamping so much. I can take those images and then make something out of them with the little creativity God gave me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)