Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hello from Ohio Cow Country!

Hi all! I am Rebecca (MamaReebs). I am from a small town in Ohio where I live with my husband and 8 yr old daughter. I was a sahm until my daughter started 1st grade and then I joined the family business.

What got you into papercrafting?
My introduction to stamping was through my Aunt. She held a SU party and I was hooked. My mother is a painter and I have always envied her ability to see something and draw it. Stamping gives me a creative outlet even though I don't posses her skills.

What is your favorite technique in papercrafting?
I would say I have favorite elements rather than techniques. I think the key to good card making is dimension and I love sparkle of any kind! I tend to grab for the punches when I am creating and I use lots of pop dots:)

What do you hope to gain from joining the PALs?
I joined the group to challenge myself to do more stamping. Since I started working outside of the house I have not spent my free time doing what I love.

I am very excited to get to know everyone here and get our stampin' on! ~ MamaReebs

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca! Where in Ohio are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the sparkle!!!! Good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems a lot of us have cows in common (hee hee). I love sparkle too Rebecca, hardly ever make a card without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had cows in common!!! I have horns and tall buildings .... Nice to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Rebecca~ I also envy painters but in our own artistic way we are just as creative! It's nice getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca - I spent junior high and high school in Cincinnati, and my parents and one sister (and her family) still live there. I love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebecca! Nice to meet you. I too am envious of painters and other artists. I think that is why I enjoy stamping so much. I can take those images and then make something out of them with the little creativity God gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to get to know you, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)