Monday, January 18, 2010

Hello from the country of tulips & windmills

Hi all! Ingrid here. I am 41 years old, and have been together with my boyfriend Eric (41) since August 1996. We have two beautiful girls, Fleur (9) and Sanne (7). We live in IJsselstein, a small town centrally located in the Netherlands. I work 3 days a week as a secretary with a small consultancy firm.

I have always been a crafty girl. I came across a Dutch magazine about scrapbooking in 2004. Since I always added tickets, postcards, maps, etc. to my photo albums I thought that scrapbooking would be THE hobby for me. However, I didn’t start until April 2006. I have been making cards since mid 2007. I like to create layouts and mini albums, but my heart lies with card making. I just love making cards. I started stamping in November 2009 shortly after I received my first PTI order. I have been serving on several DTs which is a wonderful experience. Besides, I have been fortunate to be published in Dutch scrapbook and card magazines as well as in some American magazines.

Of course I am inspired by the Papertrey Ink DT. I think their team is fabulous. But……there are many other scrapbookers and card makers that inspire me. I enjoy frequenting blogs as there are so many talented and inspiring people around the world.

One of my favorite techniques is sewing. I just love to sew on my projects as it adds a nice little touch to a card or layout. Since I started stamping I also rediscovered heat embossing. I have been having a heat gun and embossing powders for quite a long time, but hardly used it. Now that I am completely addicted to PTI I really like to use my stamps combined with heat embossing.

I am really excited about being one of the Pals. I think we have a wonderful group and I am really looking forward to getting to know you all, learn from you, and be inspired by you. I am also looking forward to our challenges. I love participating in challenges as it often makes you think ‘out of the box’ and to step out your comfort zone.

Well, that’s all for now. Feel free to ask me any questions if you would like to learn more about me.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, so glad to meet you! I have a good friend and Dr. who is from Holland, I will have to see what town he is from. Do you know any van Zanten's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ingrid! It's good to learn more about you. :) Seems we have something in common (both loving heat embossing and sewing). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingrid it's so great to learn more about you! I'm thrilled that you're part of our group because I think you have a ton to add especially since you're on different design teams. Looking forward to seeing lots more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to have you here too Ingrid, I admire your work so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Ingrid~ I am also very happy to have Ingrid be a PAL! I admire her work very much and the way she uses patterned paper. I have so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid, welcome to the group! :) It was so fun to learn a little more about you! It was interesting to read about how you got into papercrafting, and I'm amazed that you only started stamping in November!! Your cards are so beautiful, I thought you'd been stamping for years. Can't wait to see the cards you make for the challenges. Thanks for being part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingrid - I am also very excited to have you be a part of this group! One of my husband's good friends lives in Amsterdam. We are hoping to get over there to see him in the next few years. I will be so excited to see the city, and the rest of the Netherlands (well, the little bit we'll be able to see in a short trip).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You didn't start stamping until Nov '09??? You have amazing talent and I assumed you had been at this for a long time! You have a great eye for design and I am so excited to have you as part of our Pals group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)